My boys love Italy and its yummy Italian food so I am always looking for tasty Italian recipes which are healthy to eat and easy to cook.
Lately, my boys have started asking me several times, to make their favorite pasta with the tomato cream sauce.
I am more than happy to cook it for them, as this recipe is my quick and healthy dinner option. To add some more protein in this meal, I usually add chicken or Italian sausage.
This sauce when put in the freezer, can be easily reused during later days.
Let me share the recipe of this sauce:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook Time -15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic in olive oil. Sauté well for around 5 mins until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Pour the heavy cream and butter. Stir to mix.
- Reduce heat, return the pot to the heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.
The sauce is ready to be added to your favorite cooked pasta.
This article is a kind contribution by Marianna Kottnauer, founder, HappyLabel.cz