Once, the holiday time subsides, I am sure we all want to shed those extras kilos which shows up just after a few weeks of festivities. After holiday time, I immediately shift myself to extra healthy diet so that it is easy for me to shed my holiday weight. As my effort to look for healthy recipes, I came across this gluten free Cauliflower pizza crust recipe. Was it not only healthy buy equally delicious as well.
I am sharing the recipe for all of you to try
Serves 2 to 4 people
- 2 pounds cauliflower florets, riced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup soft goat cheese (chevre)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 400F.
2.To make the cauliflower rice, pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved.
3. Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the “rice” and cover; let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
4. Once you’ve strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel. Wrap up the steamed rice in the dishtowel, twist it up, then SQUEEZE all the excess moisture out! It’s amazing how much extra liquid will be released, which will leave you with a nice and dry pizza crust.
5. In a large bowl, mix up your strained rice, beaten egg, goat cheese, and spices.
6. Press the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Keep the dough about ⅓” thick, and make the edges a little higher for a “crust” effect, if you like.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400F. The crust should be firm, and golden brown when finished.
8. Now’s the time to add all your favorites– sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you like. Return the pizza to the 400F oven, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
9. Slice and serve immediately!
This article is a kind contribution by Marianna Kottnauer, founder, HappyLabel.cz