It is already the middle of the August and it is almost time to prepare children for a new academic year. There are tons of things to be done at the beginning of the year. especially shopping for school stuff. Choosing proper school supplies requires a lot of time and a specific approach from parents. For parents of first-graders or teens, it’s important to be ready with the list of school stationery – and one of the essential school supplies on the checklist is a backpack.
According to the designer of the L.L. Bean, Pam Jones, the approximate hours of a child’s backpack lugging are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m which is almost half of the day and it repeats five days a week (the source) Consequently, parents should follow some guidelines regarding the choice of bags in order to avoid a child’s bad posture and spinal curvature.
So, here are the criteria that have to be taken to account while purchasing a bag:
- Orthopaedic and hard case backpack will help to evenly distribute the weight of school supplies in the backpack, i.e. left and right shoulders of a child will be loaded equally.
- The weight of a backpack itself is another significant factor which has an effect on the child’s health. Based on the recommendations, the weight of the filled backpack should not exceed 10 per cent of the weight of the child.
- Retro-reflective elements and a bright colour are features that have to be taken into consideration while choosing a backpack for children. This helps kids to be more noticeable on the road especially in winter and on foggy days. Many times parents neglect the importance of this factor.
- Lightweight and soft fabric (nylon or polyester) without any rigid edges is also important in choosing bags which help a child to feel comfortable and hold the posture properly.
- Wide shoulder straps are also the correct indicators of a good school backpack which helps to distribute the load on both shoulders. Narrow straps tend to dig into shoulders.
- Several compartments in a bag will help your child to arrange stuff in his or her own order, making it convenient for pulling out the right supplies quickly instead of digging deep into the bag.
Here’s a list of backpack suggestions with where you can buy them:
1. Deuter “Graduate” is a universal backpack which is designed one of the oldest German bag companies, Deuter. The uniqueness of this backpack lies in its universal usage, i.e. for school, travel, work, sport and so on. It is made of ballistic, Super Polytex materials and weighs 940 g which makes it durable enough. Moreover, it possesses one modern and useful feature that is a padded pocket designed for a laptop. For a bottle of water, there are two elastic side pockets. For more info: Check out the source.
2. Herschel Supply Studio Winlaw XL is another backpack which can attract anyone with its stylish design and bright colour; however, despite the stylish look, it has diverse wholesome characteristics for schoolers’ usage. It possesses waterproof polycoat upholstery and a special compartment for a laptop. One of the interesting features is the zipper with a key clip. It weighs 700 g and has wide padded straps which help to hold the posture properly.
For detailed info: Check out the source website.
3. L.L.Bean Deluxe Book Pack is a backpack which has a high demand among schoolers for many years. During this time it has updated organizational features and currently, it can be used for a long period. To ensure durability the designers used fabrics, such as ripstop nylon. It also features water bottle pockets, waist belt, dual main compartments, internal file divider and certain retro-reflective trims on the bag which provides comfort for a schoolchild.
For more info: Check out the source website.
Prices of products mentioned in the article may vary. Products and prices provided in this article are often provided by the authors, so please check before you buy!